- This is considered to be one of the most flexible and cost effective system for creating a powerful network infrastructure.
- Since this cabling system is really flexible, it can be easily dismantled and carried to new location without much hassle.
- Structured cabling can handle voice and data traffic and can adapt to different kind of network infrastructure.
- With proper cables, structured cabling enables high speed transfer allowing you to transact large volumes of data at low cost. You can expect overall increase in productivity all around.
- Since the cabling system is highly flexible it can be easily installed in high rise buildings, offices, residences, warehouses.
- Many peripherals such as printers, faxes, scanners have become network capable and all of them have RJ-45 sockets. This helps you save on capital costs as you can centralize many of these peripherals and make them available to every user.
Structured cabling has to be installed based on some universally accepted standards. The 3 prevalent cabling standards are as follows:
- The American Standard – EIA/TIA 568C
- The International standard for structured cabling systems – ISO/IEC 11801
- The European cabling standard – CENELEC EN 50173